Annual Exceptional Teacher Awards
This June, the Keene Board of Education will award ten Exceptional Teacher awards for 2022. These awards are a way for our community to thank our teachers for their exceptional work on behalf of our students. Each recipient will receive $500.00.
The committee draws criteria from a number of sources, including, but not limited to:
- Mastery of sound classroom instructional skills, which not only encourages the intellectual interests, but stimulates the creative work in all students.
- Use of initiative, creativity, and innovation in teaching techniques to inspire students toward independent and original thinking.
- Interaction with students in ways that demonstrate professionalism, while retaining respect, humor, compassion, and concern for the whole child.
- Supports student achievement within the Keene School District curriculum while addressing the educational, social, and emotional needs of all students.
- Participates in and engages in quality professional development.
- Utilizes motivational and leadership skills with students and colleagues.
- Positively interacts with staff and parents.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and vitality in learning and teaching.
A teacher is defined as a professional staff member working for the Keene School District. That is, classroom teachers, specials, school librarian/media specialists, guidance counselors, special education teachers, reading specialists, speech pathologists, and nurses etc. Nominated staff must be returning to their Keene School District employment in the fall of 2022. Teachers who have been selected for this award may not be reconsidered for five years.
Nominations will be accepted from any Keene School District community member, including: students (both current and former), parents, employees, and administrators.
2011 - John Bass, Andrea Dube, Melanie Everard, Erika Greenwald, John Kersey, Pam Merrow, John Ohlson, Kate Skinner, Jeremy VanDerKern, and Barbara Ware.
2012 - Megan DiRusso, Linda Fisk, Marianne Lavatori, Tina McLaughlin, Linda Risley, Lisa Seelen, Kristy Symonds, Amy Strong, Jen White, and Deanna Zilske.
2013 - Danielle Heeran, Martha Kennison, Peg Hartz, Johanna Kress, Pauline Brackett, Karen Gianferrari, Lisa Larocque, Jennifer Antoseiwicz, Andrea Levin, and Ali Carr.
2014 - Kate Abbott, Kimberly Baker, Christopher Barry, Monica Foley, Susan Grover, Susan Romano, Debbie Sawyer, Thomas Sullivan, Tracy Thompson, and Jack Timmons.
2015 - Forest Bencivenga, Karen Cloutier, Beth Corwin, Brenda Haenchen, Kristina Hartwell, Barbara Kaufmann, Morris Kimura, Amanda Paul, Eric Stinebring, and Christina Villeneuve.
2016 - Nicole Crank, Donna Fairbanks, Carol Ferlini, William Hope, Paul Kohler, Dawn Loughery-Symonds, Kathy Peters, Benjamin Peirce, Kate Shanks, Nikole Starkey.
2017 - Greg Croteau, Guy Harrington, Jessica Hall, Tina Lepple, Ginny McManus, Sarah Owusu, Beth Sibley, Kimberly Simpson, Jessica Smith, Teresa Starkey.